Saturday, July 13, 2013

how to recover lost documents on your computter

Did you lost a Microsoft-word document or other files on your PC? Are you finding it difficult to find them? Below are some great insight on how you can find lost files..

1, Look through My Recent Documents

My  Recent Documents keeps recently used documents, if you can can't find a recently used document, simply go to the My Recent Documents.

To do this;

Click; Start ==> On the Start Menu look to the top right you’ll see My Recent Documents ==> Simply point to it and look through the list if you would find your lost document there.

2, Perform a search

A good way of finding lost files, documents and setups etc... is to perform a search. doing this can locate whatever program or file on you computer.

How to perform a search;

Click Start, ==> click Search, ==> and then do one of the following:
  1. To search for a picture, music or video, click Pictures, music or video
  2. To search for a document, click Documents (Word, Excel, etc.).
  3. To search for another file type, click Other files or folders.

3, The My Documents folder

My Document folder is the default storage folder of your computer so it might be helpful to check the My Document for your missing file.

To do this follow the steps;

  • Click Start, ==> and then click My Documents.
  • Or double click on My Documents on your desktop.

4, Last Save

Check the default save location of the program you used. Let’s say the last location you saved to

To do this;

1.      Open the program you used in creating the document
2.      On the File menu, click Save As.
This opens the program's default save location where the file was likely saved.
Hope this helped.

I hope this helps, cheers and happy surfing!

No comments:

Post a Comment